Hospital Insurance Solutions
As hospitals adapt to the changing and challenging nature of the U.S. health care industry, they are experiencing unprecedented pressure to control costs, improve quality and assume some or all of the financial risk of delivering care to their patients. Dubraski & Associates is a privately- held, independent insurance brokerage and consulting company that specializes in providing unbiased solutions to the health care industry across all lines of business. We provide all of our health care clients, with value-based recommendations and solutions that will meet their goals and ensure their financial protection.
Key Property and Casualty Exposures
Hospitals may require insurance for property, general liability, workers compensation, automobile and ambulance liability and other coverages. We specialize in placing all lines of insurance for health care organizations.
- Medical Malpractice: Dubraski & Associates is a leader in developing customized risk solutions for health care organizations nationally. Our associates have tremendous experience in health care and have placed medical malpractice coverage for some of the most complex health care organizations in both hard and soft markets.
- Management Liability: Management liability insurance provides hospital directors and officers with protection for the complex management and employment related exposures that may arise.
- Data Privacy & Security: Data privacy and security insurance provides health care organizations with a means to transfer and manage the risks of this emerging exposure in an industry that is becoming increasingly reliant upon technology.
- Equipment Maintenance Management Programs: By consolidating Multiple Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and third-party vendor service contracts into one comprehensive service agreement, equipment maintenance management programs provide health care organizations with immediate and sustainable savings on an existing expense.
- Government Billings E&O: Government audits of health care contracts and billing practices have increased significantly over the last several years. Government billings E&O provides protection for errors and omissions associated with these government audits.
- Property & Casualty
Medical and Dental Benefits
We understand the uniqueness of being both a provider of services and an employer offering quality benefits to recruit and retain valuable employees. With costs spiraling, we utilize our specialized, extensive knowledge and relationships to structure, negotiate, and implement cost effective programs. Funding methods include fully insured and self-funding. For self-funded employers, please see our unique approach for protecting against catastrophic claims.
Pharmacy Benefit Management
Pharmaceuticals play an increasingly important role in the prevention, cure and management of disease. Spending on prescription drugs has increased at double-digit rates for the past decade. A critical part of benefits administration, it is now the third largest component of health care expenses. However, the structure surrounding the pricing and delivery of prescription drugs is murky and confusing. Leveraging the buying power of a nationwide client network or using a Transparent (Pass-Through) PBM Model, working together we will implement a customized approach to pharmacy cost reduction that fits your company’s business goals and culture.
In today’s world one size does not fit all and delivering benefits has become complex and time consuming for organizations. Increasingly, more employers are turning to voluntary benefits to enhance their employer-paid offerings without adding any additional cost to the employer. Our turnkey approach can effectively analyze, design, communicate, enroll and provide other administrative services so that Human Resources can devote more time on important initiatives impacting the bottom line of the organization.
Catastrophic claim frequency and severity are on the rise and the typical employer stop-loss solutions are insufficient in today’s challenging health care environment. Consideration should be given to specialized carriers who understand hospitals (contracting, networks, utilization, etc.) and various funding mechanisms should be explored. Using detailed financial analytics, we design, structure and negotiate superior pricing, enhanced contract terms and provisions. A dedicated Claims Center acts as a liaison between the client and carrier.
Life and Disability Transparent Auction
Leveraging a proprietary transparent reverse auction Request for Proposal approach allows for a broader network of carriers to compete more efficiently. During the transparent secondary phase of pricing, the “true” market rate is identified for life, disability, dental, vision and prescription benefit management. Forty percent of the time, hospitals remain with the current carrier, just with better pricing and terms. Average premium savings is 24 percent.
ACOs are becoming a common vehicle used by hospitals to assume financial risk. Each ACO has a unique size, structure and risk appetite. A variety of solutions developed specifically for ACOs to meet their unique risk transfer requirements are available.
Managed Care Stop-Loss
The level of risk being assumed by hospitals varies widely. In addition to traditional specific stop-loss, quota-share and aggregate stop-loss are available as are bundled payment stop-loss programs and alternative funding structures. To learn more about how Dubraski & Associates can help hospitals, contact us. 1.877.792.4640