Riggs Stephenson brings more than 30 years of experience in the insurance industry to Dubraski & Associates. His brokerage/consulting career initially focused on employee benefits and for the most recent 20 years on managed care reinsurance. Riggs’ responsibilities include management of the Managed Care Stop-Loss Practice and the production of new business, as well as the servicing of existing clients.
With Dubraski & Associates
Riggs has partnered with health care clients throughout the country, providing services in strategic planning, risk financing, program design, marketing and the engagement of insurance and reinsurance markets.
His current clients include:
- Large national health plans
- Local provider-owned health plans
- National integrated health care systems
- Large urban medical centers
- Regional health care systems
- Physician group practices
Prior to joining Dubraski & Associates, Riggs owned his own insurance brokerage company, which specialized in HMO reinsurance and provider excess insurance. Riggs’ firm had clientele and consulting agreements with several large insurance brokerage companies to assist with their managed care reinsurance programs. Riggs has a wealth of experience, strong underwriting relationships, and a quality group of health care clients.
A third generation insurance broker, Riggs began his career with Alexander & Alexander, which eventually merged with Aon to become the second largest insurance broker in the world. After five years as an employee benefit consultant, he shifted his focus to the managed care reinsurance and stop loss insurance industry. For nine years, his national role with Aon allowed him to solve complex problems for a variety of health care organizations as the managed care industry evolved.
Education & Involvement
- Riggs has a bachelor’s degree in insurance from University of Alabama
- He has participated in numerous CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) courses over the years and many other insurance and managed care related programs